Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Potstickers and Edamame

If your life is as busy as mine, its not always easy to cook dinner every night. If you are weak like me, a pizza sounds like just about the best thing ever on those busy nights. And if you are even more like me, you shove the pizza into your mouth, satisfying your craving, and then feel incredibly guilty for the next two days.

Well ladies, I have a solution for those crazy busy nights. Frozen edamame and postickers! These can be found at almost any grocery store.

I talked about this in one of my past posts, but edamame is really good for you, and super tasty! Just heat them up in the microwave and add a little salt for flavor. I don't reccomend eating the shell, its not that good. And don't go for the already shelled edamame, half the fun is pulling out the pods with your teeth. These babies run about 100 calories per half cup of pods and are a great source of protein so they fill you up. Not bad eh?

Potstickers, oh potstickers. I have loved you for so long. These babies are just so dang good. There are several ways to heat frozen potstickers. I recommend putting them in a pan with a little olive oil and 1/4 cup water (for about 5 potstickers), cover for 6 minutes or until water is absorbed and then uncover and let cook until the bottoms are dark. Most postickers run about 50-60 calories each. Really not bad considering the deliciousness they bring. Dip them in low sodium soy sauce for a great main dish.
This tasty meal will take about 10 minutes tops to make and only has 300-400 calories in it! Sounds good to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment