Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beginnings

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am thankful for new beginnings. I sure need one right now. I have had a two-week food fest and I am SO ready to get back into my routine. Or, start a new routine, yup, that sounds even better.

I am not the type of person that loves making new year resolutions- why wait until the new year, shouldn't I be able to make and accomplish my goals at any time? This year I am giving in and making a few new goals regarding my health:

1. Write a new blog post at least once a week. This is just one extra thing I can do to stay on track.

2. No Soda. I have done it before, I can do it again!

3. Limit my fast food and sugar intake. I know that I cannot go cold turkey, it just won't work with me. I do know that I can really cut back and be totally fine. The last time I lost weight I said goodbye to candy and all those great sugary treats. I have done it before, I can do it again!

4. Get plenty of rest, exercise, and time for myself. I want my whole life to be healthy, not just my percentage of body fat. I want to make sure that I am not only physically healthy, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy too.

5. Use the Lose It app on my phone EVERY DAY. It is a great way to stay on track of my food intake and exercise. I will write another post about the awesomeness that is Lose It at a later time.

These are my goals for 2011, what are yours??



1 comment:

  1. go you! i love reading this blog... it totally inspires me :)

    lose it is so much work but it totally works!

    best of luck in the new year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete