Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homemade Pizza

This pizza is to. die. for. I apologize for the picture. I have never claimed to be a photographer, and it was taken from my phone.

What you will need:
Oven
Pizza Stone and peel

Dough: 275 Cal/Pizza
2.5 C Flour
1 T Sugar
1 t Salt
1 T Instant Yeast
1 C Warm Water

Sauce: 32 Cal/Pizza
I used...
1 6oz can of tomato past
1 6oz can of water
Shirley J pizza seasoning
You can use..
Whatever pizza sauce is your favorite (just know it will change the calories)

Toppings: 300 Cal/Pizza

3 C. Mozz. Cheese (serving size is 100 cal for 1/4 cup)

Fresh Basil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees, make sure pizza stone is in there for about 45 min-1 hour before you start baking the pizza.

Combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a mixer until well blended. Add warm water. You may not need all of it, just pour until it forms a ball. I usually use about 3/4 of the water.

Knead the dough on a floured board for a few minutes until soft. Add more flour if too sticky, add more water if too dry.

Put the dough in a greased pan and cover with a towel, let sit for 15 minutes. You can prepare the sauce at this time if needed.

After the 15 minutes is up divide the dough into four equal balls. Take one ball at a time and roll it out on a floured board. I like my pizza extra thin, but you can make it as thin, thick, big, small as you like!

Once it is all rolled out place it on the pizza peel, which should have a light sprinkling of corn meal so the dough doesn't stick, and start assembling! Use a fork to punch some holes in the dough so that is doesn't bubble. Put your sauce (2-3 oz), cheese (3/4 C), and fresh basil on top. Stick it in the oven (make sure the stone has some corn meal on it too) and let it cook for about 8 minutes.

Take it out and enjoy!

This recipe makes 4 individual pizzas, probably 2 full size pizzas. I like to make 4 individual so that we have a few extra for lunches.

So, total Calories per pizza: 607! I find that if I roll out my dough really thin, I am less likely to eat the whoel pizza, I usually eat 3/4

Note: calories may vary depending on the cheese and sauce you use. I reccomend making your own sauce, it tastes so much better and is usually much healthier.

2 comments:

  1. i will buy you a plane ticket right now if you come make that for me...I'm so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just read this comment, done and done!!!

    ReplyDelete