Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Off With Her Hair!!

Well, I did it, I cut my hair!
Twelve inches of beautiful, thick hair all gone.
Well, that's not true, its still around it will just be on someone else's head.  I donated my hair to Locks of Love so that someone else, going through something much harder than I've ever had to face, can have her hair back again.  I'm glad that I am able to donate something that I was so proud of and so attached to, to help someone else.
 
So, why did I do it?
  My first reason was that it has been on my bucket list to donate my hair (check!)
 
My second reason was that I didn't want to have my little monsters pulling my hair anymore (check!)
 
And my third reason was that I thought my long hair was beautiful.  I know, if I thought my long hair is beautiful, then why cut it?  I thought that it was the best thing about me, I had gorgeous hair and lots of it.  But that was the problem, I realized that I thought it was the ONLY beautiful thing about me.  The ONLY thing that people noticed, the ONLY thing that made me attractive, inside or out.  I had a realization one day that if I cut my hair, I'd be forced to find other things about myself that I liked. That is a work-in-progress right now, but I'm giving myself a lot of love and I'll see those good and beautiful things soon.
 
Now don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my hair.  I feel new and sassy and young and more energetic with my short hairstyle, I think I'll keep it for a while :) 
 
 
xoxo, Whit
 


No comments:

Post a Comment