Thursday, October 16, 2014

Motivation

Well hello blogging world! 
 
It is I, your long-lost friend Whitney.  Its funny how having another child has made it almost impossible to sit down at a computer unless absolutely necessary. 
 
Since my last post (roughly a year and a half ago) I have had another little baby boy!  He is now almost 6 months old and I am so incredibly in love with him.  Expect to see a post about how much I love my little men on here very soon. But not today, today I want to talk about motivation. After all, I am still trying to lose 25 pounds that I packed on while carrying my children and I want it gone!
 
It seems like I have plenty of motivation to lose weight (feel better, look better, sense of accomplishment, etc..) and yet I just can't seem to put down the ice cream.  Seriously, its ridiculous.  I haven't lost a single pound in the last 5 months, not one!  I know that part of that is that I am not nursing this time around.  Another HUGE part of that is that I just love food.  
 
 

 

So, I am trying something new.  I have collected a few shirts (on sale, of course), a pair of new workout pants, and a beautiful new shade of Essie nail polish.  I will let myself have one after every pound I lose.  Lose a pound, get a shirt.  Lose another pound, I get to rock my new nail polish.  I'll start with the smaller items (or those that I'm not as in love with) and have to work harder to get the stuff I really love, like those awesome Indy Brand shirts.  I've also thrown old clothes into the mix.  Things like pants that I can't quite squeeze into yet, or a shirt that just doesn't fit the same way it did last summer.  I love to shop, I love new clothes, so I am hoping that these things help motivate me to kick start my weight loss!   
Now I want to know, What motivates you??

No comments:

Post a Comment