Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anna's Best Salad Ever

Alright, I have a new goal. I want to post one new recipe on here each week. Basically, I want to try a new healthy recipe each week and this will give me the motivation to do it!

This recipe comes from my SIL Anna's blog. She is an amazing cook. This salad is at every family get together and I love it.

Everything Salad
1/2 c. sliced almonds
3 T. sugar
Mix sugar and almonds together in a skillet over medium heat, until sugar begins to melt. Keep stirring until almonds are coated and begin to turn golden brown. Be careful, because they will burn quickly. Spread onto foil to cool.

1 head green lettuce
1 c. chopped celery
4 green onions, chopped
1 (11 oz) can mandrain oranges, drained
1 diced avocado
1 diced apple
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese

Mix ingredients together and toss with dressing and nuts just before serving.

Dressing:
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. olive oil
1 T. chopped parsley [can sub dried]
2 T. sugar
2 T. apple cider vinegar
*Salad dressing is sooo easy to mix in a blender bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment