Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Beginnings


Me and my mister on New Years Eve
 
Happy New Year everyone!  I don't know about you, but I LOVE the month of January.

 Is it beyond freezing?  Yes. 

Are the holidays over and therefore the holiday blues might arise?  Sure. 

Do I get sick of seeing the beautiful white snow that once sat on the sidewalks get uglier and more grey?  you bet. 

Inversions?  No thank you.

BUT, I love the chance to start over.  A clean slate.  A new beginning.  Almost nothing can beat that!

Because I love the newness of January, it shouldn't be surprising that I also love writing down my goals for the new year.  I have never accomplished all of my goals, but I find that I do better myself, at least a little, If I write down the things that I want to achieve the next year. I also love coming up with a theme for that year, something to live by that makes me a little better.

This year I want to focus on not just my physical health, but also my mental health and spiritual health. 

Here are a few of my New Year goals for 2015:

- Floss everyday
- REALLY cut back my sugar intake (like only have sugar on special occasions).
- Go to the temple once a month.  (Click Here to learn more about temples)
- Read one book/month
- Run 300 miles. 
- Stick to a budget/keep that credit card out of my wallet!

And I've decided that my theme is Control (yo'self).

I have never been good at practicing self-control and so this year I want to try.  I want to prove to myself that I can control how I treat my body, I can control how I spend my time, and I can control how I spend my money.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment