Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Beginnings

Happy New Year Everyone!
I hate new year's eve- I really don't understand the point of that holiday.  But, I do love the renewal that comes with a new year.  I love setting goals for myself and trying to find ways to be the best version of me. 

This year my goals involve my physical health, as well and my spiritual, mental, intellectual, and emotional well-being.  I am trying to be a more well-rounded person so it only made sense to me to set goals for all aspects of my life.  Some of my goals this year include....

1. Spending more time doing the things that I really enjoy.  Why waste time doing something you hate if you dont have to?
2. Tracking every mile I run.  I don't care what the total is at the end of the year, I just want to track it
3.  Create a recipe binder
4. Read the Book of Mormon with my hubby
5. Read more in general
6. Write in my journal more often
7. Do more yoga 
8. Get more sleep 

Here are some good ol' pinterest quotes that have motivated me and might have the same effect on you.


I love this quote.  The prettiest thing a girl can wear is her smile right?

Ugh, so you're telling me that if I want a rockin' bod then I'm going to have to work for it?  Geez! 

This quote has actually helped me out a lot in the past few months.  I found that I compare myself to others.  a lot. And I need to stop.  I need to stop because its okay to just be me.  I don't need to wear what everyone else is wearing, or look the way everyone else looks.  I don't need to feel like a failure because I don't exercise everyday and I'll never be a size 4. I don't need to feel like a crappy mom because I see all of these women who seem to do it all.  As long as I am doing the best I can, and am happy with the person that I am, its okay.  Rees will love me just the same.  Greg will love me just the same.  I doubt either of them will ever notice if I am not wearing the cool shade of toe nail polish or my house isn't decorated perfectly.  They love me for me and that is all I can ask for.  

I hope you have had a fantastic holiday season and here is to an amazing new year!

1 comment:

  1. bahahahah get more sleep! We are definantly sisters :)!

    ReplyDelete