Thursday, May 12, 2011

Arm Poses aka the "ya, keep dreamin' poses"

I love yoga. I do, I truly love yoga. I have been practicing for 5 years now (wow!) and I am no expert. I am confident in my ability to go through a practice without being lost or having much of a challenge.
I also love my yoga instructor. She is the bomb. She loves to challenge us, which makes me hate her for the one minute, until I realize that my body can actually do the pose and then I love her again.
During practice today she had us do a few arm balance poses.

Crow Pose

I love this picture, but to be honest his form isn't the best. Anyway, I love this pose. I am good at this pose. I own this pose. Mainly because this is about the only arm balance pose I can do.

yogajournal.com

One side crane pose.

Before today I hated this pose. I found myself laughing when she asked us to do it. I just couldn't. Well today something happened. Something in my body just clicked and I did it! For the first time ever my back foot came off the ground and stayed in the air! Mybalance was right on and I did both sides successfully for about 5 breaths. I ROCKED IT!


I doubt I will ever be good enough to do the following poses, but one can dream can't she?


yogajournal.com








No comments:

Post a Comment